Pocket PC Majic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket PC discussions, files, tweaks, and Upgrades

2 posters

Phone Numbers ?

risc999

Phone Numbers ? Empty Phone Numbers ?

Post by risc999 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

WHen phone rings or I get a text msg, my phone does not link the address book to the incoming number. Meaning that when someone that calls me, it just gives the number, never gives the name. It seems to be an issue from the area code maybe, but I changed the area code and 1+ dialing in settings.

Anyone?
    MerdinH
    MerdinH
    Admin

Phone Numbers ? Empty Re: Phone Numbers ?

Post by MerdinH Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:53 am

risc999 wrote:WHen phone rings or I get a text msg, my phone does not link the address book to the incoming number. Meaning that when someone that calls me, it just gives the number, never gives the name. It seems to be an issue from the area code maybe, but I changed the area code and 1+ dialing in settings.

Anyone?

That could be the issue, because many cities have started adding the 1's for incoming calls, if it does not work after you add the 1 then best thing i can suggest is hardware reset.
    risc999

Post by risc999 Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:15 am

Well, I'm stuck. Ever since I've had this problematic phone, the phone numnbers have been messed up. Your ROM's have fixed most of the issues, but this one remains. Anytime someone calls or texts me, just the phone number comes across, never the name. If I text someone, it shows their name untill they reply, then it changes to a phone number instead of name. WHen I go to call someone, it shows the number till the 2nd ring, then shows their name and caller id picture. I've changed the settings for 1+ dialing, and made sure the area code was ok.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've now had 8 TP's due to keyboard issues. But this problem has been on all of them. I've also made sure not to use sprite backup, just in case there was something with the way it was saving them. I took the new phone, put 2 numbers in it, then made a call..... same thing.

Anyone ?

Thanks,
    risc999

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 pm